What is Advanced Specialization and why does it matter?
Advanced Specialization is an extensive validation of a Microsoft partner’s capability to deliver high-fidelity services in a specific solution area. To earn an advanced specialization, partners must first hold Gold competency status in an aligned competency and then meet defined prerequisites and undergo recurring audits to verify.
Azure Virtual Desktop Advanced Specialization is limited to Microsoft Partners who demonstrate deep knowledge, extensive experience, and proven success in deploying, optimising, and securing virtual desktop infrastructure on Azure with AVD.
It is different from a competency. A competency measures a partner’s broad technical capability in a Microsoft product or technology. By contrast, the Advanced Specialization measures more in-depth capabilities in a specific solution area. Advanced specializations require that a Partner must
- First have active Gold competency status in the competency aligned to the advanced specialization they are interested in earning.
- Secondly, it requires that this competency is verified and regularly audited by an independent third party.
Why choose Atech for your Azure Virtual Desktop implementation?
By working with partners who have been through the audit process and gained this accreditation/certification, clients ensure a smooth cloud transition.
This can be a partner who applies a framework for successful migration to a cloud environment, for governance, architecture decisions, networking, security, etc. Or it can be a partner that has experience in successfully migrating production workloads to Azure.
In Atech, you will find a partner that fits both capability frameworks – in other words – wherever you are in your cloud transformation journey, we are eminently suited to deliver on this exciting transition for your organisation, from initial consultation and assessment, through to a pilot roll-out and full implementation, to ongoing management.
What makes Atech the ideal partner?
- We have a repeatable methodology that accurately reviews your requirements and existing environment to produce a AVD environment design.
- We can provide an accurate estimation of any savings your business can generate with AVD, and consider the wider context of your infrastructure, network, platform and apps to demonstrate the overall efficiencies. This means greater accuracy versus simply using the savings calculators provided by Microsoft.
- Our experience and ability to follow cloud adoption best practices have been validated by Microsoft and we have been awarded Gold certification and Advanced Specialization status in Azure Virtual Desktop.
- It means we can ensure a smooth cloud transition for our customers, a fixed implementation cost and a phased approach that can be part of a transformation roadmap.
We would love to speak to you about your objectives, so get in touch today for direct access to our consultants, and an assessment and proof of concept proposal to realise your VDI goals.